“We are in the epoch where ad makers are honing their creativity skills, and the “mobile-first” users are riveting with the magic of rich media, along with the marketers who are making a whopping $18 billion of wealth, like they did in the year 2014 via mobile advertising. “
Well, we can’t deny the fact that story telling and touching the emotions of users on a small screen is a bit difficult, but still, the pioneering efforts of Global Network Navigator (company that made the first clickable ad) have now reached to the pinnacle because of the literally exploding mobile-optimized ad formats.
For those 3.1 billion active users on the internet and for the readers of Flash Boys, a book by Michael Lewis about high speed trading, we are presenting an exclusive breakdown of mobile advertising from its birth to reshaping, and evolution to the upcoming potentials. Take a look:
• Mobile Banner Ads: With the evolution of mobile and smartphone technology, the mobile ad makers have gone through the “burning the midnight oil” stage like a bazillion times, however it was the static 320×50 banner of mobile ad that we saw first.
Resolution of these embedded ads was low, featuring simple graphics derived from the web browser ads, which later converted into expandable and interactive banners providing ample space to write user engaging content.
• Interstitial Ads: Remember, when you cross a level in your favorite game, you are forced to see a full screen ad? These ads have become the biggest monetization strategy nowadays, which have a 10x higher click-through rates over conventional banner ads.
Keeping the banner blindness ratio in wits, many advertisers and publishers made their mind to launch something extremely interactive, which resulted in interstitial ads. These clearly noticeable ads may appear between pages, sections, slides and scenes, or prior to an app launch, providing higher CPMs and greater business.
• App Walls: Later came the incentivized mobile advertizing format, which look as if a successor of interstitial ads. Featuring downloadable links as a hot commodity, these full screen app walls are offering better conversion rates, owing to their rewarding incentive.
These are the deliberate offer walls, designed with putting the emotions of users at heart. The given link for download is associated with a sort of prize, offering an incentive (offer or discount) when a user clicks on the advertising link.
• Overlay Ads: With the introduction of rich media ads developed by leveraging Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), the monopoly of static interstitial ads was taken over by overlay ads. It appears as an animated overlay on to the screen featuring transparent background and utmost levels of user experience.
Owing to the rich media platforms, mobile ad makers are incorporating animations and video clips to create the combination of multiple ad formats. These animated and interactive ads are serving at their best to engage the users, thus rendering higher clickthrough rates over conventional interstitial ads.
• Native Ads: The most popular advertising format for mobiles is known as native ad that has almost 2x higher clickthrough rate than the full page ads. Presenting higher levels of customer satisfaction, native ads mix in the interface of the page already displayed.
Native ads are everywhere; you must be observing them hundred times a day in your facebook feed as these are the sponsored posts boosted by publishers. Besides, these ads are a brainchild of creative teams whose target was to optimize the content marketing strategies.
• Video Ads: It’s a result of technological evolution, or one can say that it’s the outcome of demanding advertisers to display chic, ethnic and contemporary style of apparels on a single frame with content for pricing and offers along with their company logo and teaser for more. The efforts to display a whole lot of stuff in one page banner resulted in 30 second video ad that changed the mobile marketing scenario forever.
These ads are displayed right before a video content, and are compatible with all mobile platforms. Highly effective and obviously interactive, these video ads are now integrated with other ad formats to get more impact and better CTRs.
Observing the overall performance of display, social, search and video formats of mobile advertizing, it is explicit that the need of better user experience will be deployed in the future.
According to the fascinating reports, the advancements of native ads and innovative video ads are surely smashing the race with other digital advertizing formats. The potential of mobile advertising can be seen in the fact that by the end 2018 both advertisers and publishers will be proud of their industry, as the ad tech sector will cover up around 22% of the whole advertising segment.
Braintechnix is a team of experienced and passionate designers and developers taking care of varied software solutions needs at a competitive cost.